ARTICLE I – BOARD MEETINGS
The Board shall meet prior to the opening meeting of the IHWGA general membership and thereafter as deemed necessary by the President. Board meetings shall be open to the general membership. A member must submit a request if she wishes to attend and/or address the Board; however, members other than the Board do not have voting privileges.
ARTICLE II– THE BOARD (revised 9/19)
The Board shall be comprised of three officers plus the two chairmen of the Standing Committees. New Board members shall assume their duties January 1 and serve a 2-year term. The Treasurer is required to serve in the same position for a 2-year term.
The officers of the Board are:
President – Must have served on the Board for at least one year within the last five years but can only have served one of the immediately preceding two years. Calls and presides over meetings of the Board and general meetings of the IHWGA.
- Responsible for updating the Constitution, By Laws, and Standing Rules with all properly approved changes and, in addition to the Secretary, maintains a record of all approved changes.
- Represents the IHWGA on all boards and committees pertaining to women’s golf.
- Appoints a chairman to be responsible for the yearly Member Guest Tournament.
- Appoints a chairman to be responsible for the yearly Member Member Tournament. Attends or appoints someone to attend the IHCC new member mixer.
- Appoints one member from the general membership to audit the Treasurer’s books after the close of each year and prior to any new person taking over the Treasurer position.
- Organizes or appoints someone to organize the Kick Off meeting and the Year End Awards Luncheon.
In the absence of the Treasurer, may write and sign checks, deposit or withdraw funds for purposes of the IHWGA.
- Assists the President in fulfilling her duties.
- Serves as President in the absence of the President.
Should a vacancy occur in the office of the President, the Vice-President shall become President for the remainder of that term.
- Keeps minutes of all meetings of the Board and the Association.
- Maintains an up-to-date email address list for all members.
- Serves as a resource for sending communications to the membership.
- Organizes and keeps the bulletin board current (or appoints another member to do so).
- Maintains a book with a current copy of the Constitution, By Laws, and Standing Rules along with documentation of all revisions and additions during her term. This book shall be passed on to her successor to serve as an archive resource.
- Prepares (or appoints another member to prepare) the IHWGA annual member handbook and has copies printed and distributed to all members as soon as practical, but no later than 45 days after our first play day.
- Is responsible for “Sunshine Acknowledgements” to our members as described in our Standing Rules.
- Serves a two-year term as treasurer.
- Responsible for all money of the IHWGA.
- Works with the President and the Board to set the proposed budget for the year and presents it to the IHWGA membership for vote at the Kick Off Meeting.
- Responsible for the IHWGA Hole-in-One Club.
- Closes the books as soon as possible after the close of the year, but no later than January 31st and has complete and accurate books ready for the year-end audit.
- Responsible for membership signup.
- Coordinates with the Handicap and Rules Chairman regarding New Member Handicaps (REV 01/17)
- Keeps an up to date list of all member data compiled from the membership forms.
- Maintains an up to date list of member contact information and provides this to the Board on a regular basis.
- Ensures that the IHWGA membership is notified of any new members joining after the annual handbook was published.
- Ensures that all new members are welcomed and integrated into the organization.
The Standing Committees that are part of the voting Board are:
Weekly Tournament Chairman. She shall supervise all weekly play day events. She may appoint her own committee for aide and assistance.
Major Tournament Chairman. She shall supervise all Major Tournaments as defined in our Standing Rules. She may appoint her own committee for aide and assistance.
ARTICLE III– SPECIAL COMMITTEES (revised 9/19)
The Board shall appoint special committees and/or chairmen from within the Board or from the general membership for non-voting committee positions as the business of the IHWGA requires. Special committees shall include (but not be limited to) Website, Scrapbook, River North, TARA, and Team Play. Voting rights shall be restricted to the five-member Board.
ARTICLE IV—THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE (added 9/19)
The Tournament Committee, as referred to in our Standing Rules, is comprised of the following positions:
- Weekly Tournament Chairman (see above).
- Major Tournament Chairman (see above).
- Handicap and Rules Chairman. She shall be responsible for monitoring handicaps for all members/New Members and for advice on the rules of golf for all competitions. She is responsible for advising in the planning of competitions, promoting knowledge of and adherence to the rules of golf among the membership, and is responsible for the Debbie Austin Most Improved Golfer award. (REV 01/17) She is not a voting member of the Board and is not restricted by the two-year term applicable to Board members. She is appointed annually by the Board.
ARTICLE V- AMENDMENTS AND REVISIONS
This constitution and by-laws may be amended or revised at any time by the following procedure:
1. A proposed amendment or revision must be posted at least 2 weeks prior to a meeting of the IHWGA.
2. A majority vote of the members present.
ARTICLE VI– RATIFICATION OF BOARD ACTIONS
1. All actions of the Board shall be subject to approval and ratification by Club Management. Such approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.
2. All approved amendments and revisions shall have the date and the meeting in which the approval was voted on and passed.
3. A copy of all proposed and approved amendments and revisions shall be kept by the Vice President/Secretary and the President.